Are there any Holden fans here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks kinda snazzy
Wonder why doesn't LMC sell something like this

Because it's a defunct, out of country, part? Or maybe they cant get the licensing? LMC, as far as I know, only sells parts that were American options.
And they still have gaps.

That's the design I'm heading toward for my '95 Cheyenne 2500 2wd. It was the W/T grill that I hate, and now that warm weather is nearly here, itll be time for paint and install

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@618 Syndicate is basically right.
Add to that, right hand drive and S10 Blazer instrument cluster.

Grill overlay is kinda like the Mexican Cheyenne grill: Bowtie over the GMC base.
Nah, it's not that Mexican version, but you're right about the S10 dash. Evidently it would convert to rhd where ours wouldn't.
Here's a couple of examples. You can see the part that's different.

Attachments

• 1998_Holden_Suburban_1500_V8_5.7.jpg
    1998_Holden_Suburban_1500_V8_5.7.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 1999_Holden_Suburban_K8_1500_LS_(Front_view).jpg
    1999_Holden_Suburban_K8_1500_LS_(Front_view).jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 18

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Nah, it's not that Mexican version, but you're right about the S10 dash. Evidently it would convert to rhd where ours wouldn't.
Odd that it has a 80s dual headlights on a composite 94+. I think thats the part i was talking about.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd that it has a 80s dual headlights on a composite 94+. I think thats the part i was talking about.
Yeah, evidently that was a requirement, I'm guessing that the composite lights couldn't be modified to throw the light correctly so they went with the duals.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
From what I have heard and read, the S10/Trailblazer platform was sold by GM in several countries that are RHD. That was why they went with those parts on the Holden Burbs,since they knew they wouldn't make many of them. Much cheaper for a big company to use existing tooling and parts on a low production vehicle.
IIRC, the 1500's were all 5.7 Vortec,and the 2500's were all the 6.5 diesel. There were less than a thousand produced; I think around 650-700 of the 1500 and less than 250 of the 2500. And all were 4wd. They were very expensive, like $90K Australian or more,new. A lot of that money was to get them imported and converted to Aussie specs and regulations. Their motor vehicle codes are rather strict and stringent.
A couple of years ago, when I had just discovered these, I started a thread asking for information and pictures on them. I started it on January 3,2020, but haven't been able to add the link to it.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, evidently that was a requirement, I'm guessing that the composite lights couldn't be modified to throw the light correctly so they went with the duals.
I have a 1988 GMC K1500 here in New Zealand and I found that the quad lights were only ever made for left hand drive so I have to adjust my right side lights lower than normal so as not to daze oncoming vehicles at night.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was about to say...and like I said on other thread they used Blazer dash cause these were available RHD so for a small production it's cheaper to adapt existing one,than design whole new gmt400 RHD dash.