Anyone with Tow mirrors OR anyone wanting them, get in here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Check with www.gorecon.com. Recon supplies alot of led lighting. Top shelf quality as well. I'd call them since they offer everything from cab lights all the way to illuminated super duty fender vent lettering. Chances are they could help. Or eBay search the generation mirrors you want but just search clear or smoke lens. Be surprised what you can find. I found clear acrylic lenses for my Lund visor that way.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Thanks man. I'll try going that route. Still waiting for a PM from 1A auto on the likelihood of either having them offered in the GMT400 mirrors or swapping them out.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I got my set off eBay last year for my 97K1500, with the GMT400 door wedges, theyre a pain in the butt to mount but wiring is plug and play, though you have to be a bit creative with wiring if you want a parking light and a turn signal. I cheated and ran the power wires into the corner lights so they blink when the signals are on and are parking lights the rest of the time. they shake alot goin down the road even with the included stiffener bracket, but I keep the nuts tight regularly and that reduces the shakes alot. like the other members have posted, I too tinted my lenses to add a "stealth" look to the truck, as I also have "dually" lights on each side of my rear fenders and under my tailgate and they blend right in with the truck. The most difficult part is not dropping the nuts down in the doors themselves, luckily for me they come with extras and I only have to take the small plastic triangular trim piece off instead of the whole door panel like the older GMT400's

Attachments

• Photo1447.jpg
    Photo1447.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 30

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Mk well as you know the chrome mirros are the only tow that have "clear" witch are actually smoked lightly. I dont know what to tell ya josh wait on A1 to get back to you and if they are no help buy chrome mirrors and scuff and color match :D best I got for now. If you do talk to the head guy at A1 tell him there is a whole group of guys that would be interested in puchasing clear lenses for their mirrors maybe we can shove our weight around and make things happen. :D good luck buddy.

CrewCab Steve

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I've looked and looked for the clear lenses on the mirrors forever and never had any luck. I would like to do clear as well since all my other lights are. It'd look bada$$ for sure. Subbed

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I hear ya guys. Steve, that was probably going to be my alternative unless I decide to stick with orange corners and cab lights. And I will tell him that people are interested in the clear lenses. As popular as the clear lights have become you would think they would offer them in the chrome and black mirrors. I just think that smoked clear would look great and would obviously be different. You know me....have to be different.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I was thinking about smoking mine as well..who knows.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if anyone gets a set of clear or smoked ones let me know i might buy your orange ones. i have a plan for them. can you say super marker lights!