Anyone with Tow mirrors OR anyone wanting them, get in here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I want to get tow mirrors for my '99 2500. The problem is that I don't want the smoked amber lens that comes with them. The plans for the truck are a GMC front clip with "stock-ish" turn signals, clear cab lights and....clear turn signal lenses on some tow mirrors, and maybe slightly smoke all of them. So obviously I don't want amber turn signals on my tow's because they'll stick out like a sore thumb. I emailed Tony at 1Aauto and asked if it was possible to get clear lenses for the GMT400 mirrors. As you can see in the video below they're installing tow's on a GMT800 and it has clear lenses. Also, the link below shows mirrors for a 2002 that have the clear lenses plain as day. I want to be different :crazy: and the clear lights is what I'd like to do, the only problem is the tow mirrors! :frown:

Now...correct me if I'm wrong; but aren't these aftermarket mirrors for both the GMT400 and GMT800 the exact same with exception of the mounting base? If they are in fact the same I wouldn't see why I couldn't get the clear lenses. Also, do you guys think the clear or slightly smoked clear would look good? Thanks for the help and input.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hJMW57OiE

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Chevy/Silverado2500/1AMRP00957/623347/2002

Chrome w/ clear lens :doublepuke:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-Pass...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d369d2c79

Truck in question

You must be registered for see images attach

Headlights/turn signals

Cab lights - These also come in just clear

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I think for the mirrors smoked looks the best, mainly due to it being on a black object, i think clear would stick out, what i did on the 96 and prob do when i get some for the yukon is tint the lense even darker, blends in with the mirror even more and less noticeable, also on the cablights, imo the clear cablights would look weird on the green

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Ya, but that's on a black truck. It's going to look better the darker you go. I'm just thinking the slightly smoked corners and cab lights, along with smoking the clear mirror lenses would look t!ts.... BTW - That lens on the mirrors is formed with the orange in it, not painted...right?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Ya, but that's on a black truck. It's going to look better the darker you go. I'm just thinking the slightly smoked corners and cab lights, along with smoking the clear mirror lenses would look t!ts.... BTW - That lens on the mirrors is formed with the orange in it, not painted...right?

Yea i believe it is an orange lens and not painted, Mike (mobs) i believe said at one point that someone he knows has the stuff to make lenses any color you want

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
wish we were close Josh we could just swap from ends

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
so do i haha and I'm switching to a chevy grille eventually 2

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
vacuum form a clear piece of plastic over the amber ones to make a lens?