anyone running a dc power alternator...post up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
thinking about getting the 370amp for my 95 gmc and wonder if any has two cents on them ...good.... bad?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't own one YET... But it's on my list. Thinking of the same one for my red truck. I've done quite a bit of research and from what I can tell they're the best on the market right now. Iraggi used to be reputable as well but they seem to have dropped off in quality, and subsequently dropped off the face of the earth. Ohio Generators are decent, I'm running one now. Nowhere near the idle amperage that I really need, though. Can't remember what it was exactly.

EDIT - Iraggi is still around, apparently. No idea what their quality is like nowadays though.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
all I can find on dc power is "don't give your them money" they have a poor sense of what a paying customer expects....

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really? See thats exactly what I remember reading about Iraggi. Maybe things have changed since I did my research.

95SAS

Reaction score
I have a 200 amp DC for 2 yrs and so far no problem. Don't run a lot of accessories tho. Lights and winch. Customer service was great, explained what I should and should not do. Would buy again.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I got a real good deal from a local shop for two 220 amp alternators ...found out my problem was the battery isolators, they caused a voltage drop of almost a 1volt per side. I run 4 batteries and 2 isolators...and massive amounts of draw, so the alternators couldn't keep up...changing out the isolators to 500 amp relays, should do the trick