Anyone know hard it is...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To change thr idler arm . Pitman arm steering gear box and center link bushings? .

Gotta do it this weekend. Dont wanna spend 400$ for someone to do it. So im doing it. Pretty mechanically incline. Guessing the gear box is gonna be the hardest part to get in and out and on. Any thought or opinions?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just so happens I tackled most this today. You will need a socket big enough to remove the pitman ARM nut.1 5/16" I think. Power steering fluid, pickle fork (air hammer is best), large impact wrench (400+ ftlbs), various other sockets and wrenches, and about 4-5 hours.

Good luck

sent by R2D2

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was able to do it on the better part of a day with just hand tools. i lucked out and didnt need a puller to remove the pitman arm.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pitman i wont need to remove as im replacing the gear box just install on mew box . Good to know i can do it with hand tools pretty much all i got. Also the fork and a mallet. My only issue is how to get the gear box out. Top or bottom. From of my fram i have a hitch welded there so its not open. Hopefully itll still fit.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will have to remove the nut from the pitman ARM because the new gear box does not come with a new one. (figured this out the hard way) so prepare for that.

On removing the box, bottom is the only option without removing half the accessories on the right side of the engine.

sent by R2D2