Anyone have these TYC lamps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackpearl

Reaction score
FYI, I've been searching like mad (yes I know I resurrected this thread, sorry) for the 82-5191-01 parking lights. 2 weeks ago I ordered the 82-5189-01 which are listed as 88-93 lights. They look ok, black trim, holes line up, etc. The ONLY difference I've seen is that the lenses on these are "thicker"...meaning they come out about 3/4". If you look at the 94-98 parking lights, and you can see some in this thread, the 94-98 lights are pretty flat.

I would rather find some of the correct ones, but these will do for now. Found them on ebay for 31 bucks shipped.

You must be registered for see images attach

Evhfan2000

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pictures. I bought what appear to be the same TYC headlights with the glare-shields on the low beams. Great looking lights with the option of converting to HID. I'm still running stock bulbs for now. I have been searching for the matching TYC park lamps without success. It looks like websites are showing images of lights that they don't stock, or are no longer available, and they ship a "similar" item thinking they can get away with it. I was thinking of doing exactly what you did, pick up the closest matching year lights to see if they would work.

Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of just going with the $8~ TYC stockers to clean up my front end for now.

Looking at your signature, our trucks are very similar. Mines a Black 99 4x4 Crewcab shortbed with the 7.4.

How much time did you have to spend getting those headlights so perfectly aligned? My drivers side looks real close but the passenger side needs more time to get sitting flush with the grille.

Thanks for reviving this thread and post back if you find those ever elusive TYC 82-5191-01 Elegante Light Assemblies.

Dean

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Good luck finding any TYC lights. I ordered through 3 different vendors with the same results. They substituted "similar"parking lamps, which were'nt even close. I got the Anzo lamps which were as close as I could get. Check my build for pics. I researched it into the ground.

Sent from Jolly Green's Droid

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to have crystal clear glass housing but switched to the tyc headlights for the glareshields so i could get hids.

i have the tyc headlights which i had to get a little redneck/ghetto to fit em right but i got em with spacers. and i have the clear corners and turn lenses. IMO they matchup and look fine to me, im just thinking about painting the outer trim on the turn signals black.

Bought turns and corners on ebay i may be able to find links if someone wants or find the receipt with the seller.

glass housing lights

heres the tycs with the clears i have

i have other pics at night with them on, i can get a pic of the whole front end if anyone wants the pics let me know.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Those are the same looking lamps I got sent to me. I didn't like them because the back reflective portion pattern didn't look anywhere close to the same.

blackpearl

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pictures. I bought what appear to be the same TYC headlights with the hood over the low beam bulbs. Great looking lights with the option of converting to HID. I'm still running stock bulbs for now. I have been searching for the matching TYC park lamps without success. It looks like websites are showing images of lights that they don't stock, or are no longer available, and they ship a "similar" item thinking they can get away with it. I was thinking of doing exactly what you did, pick up the closest matching year lights to see if they would work.

Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of just going with the $8~ TYC stockers to clean up my front end for now.

Looking at your signature, our trucks are very similar. Mines a Black 99 4x4 Crewcab shortbed with the 7.4.

How much time did you have to spend getting those headlights so perfectly aligned? My drivers side looks real close but the passenger side needs more time to get sitting flush with the grille.

Thanks for reviving this thread and post back if you find those ever elusive TYC 82-5191-01 Elegante Light Assemblies.

Dean

No problem at all, Dean!

Truth is, I searched and searched to see what the differences were in the two lights (82-5191 and 82-5989) and couldn't find a clear answer anywhere. People said, "Oh they should be exactly the same" without any real evidence.

I happened to find this pair on ebay (listed as new, arrived in excellent condition, but had clearly been installed before) right after I bought my truck and went for it. Glad I did, they didn't turn out too bad, but they're definitely different than the 94-98...At least you can only tell from the side :lol:

As for my headlights...ugh...It took me forever to figure out how to get the adjusters to actually work. Once I screwed in the actual screws on the back of the assembly, the adjusters actually worked, and got them to how you see them there. My passenger side light still needs a tiny bit of work if you look close, but the light pattern is perfect.
I didn't have to do any of the nonsense with reaming out the mounting holes, using spacers or any of that. Just used the adjusters.

I love my crew cab, nice to know there's some others out there! They're not an easy truck to find!

-Bryan

blackpearl

Reaction score
Good luck finding any TYC lights. I ordered through 3 different vendors with the same results. They substituted "similar"parking lamps, which were'nt even close. I got the Anzo lamps which were as close as I could get. Check my build for pics. I researched it into the ground.

I got lucky with the parking lights, but there is a vendor on Amazon who has the headlights in stock. That's where I got mine. Was shocked to see that as well though. Sucks that they are going to be impossible to find soon. They are the best looking "clear" lights out there, IMO.

Evhfan2000

Reaction score
Those are the same looking lamps I got sent to me. I didn't like them because the back reflective portion pattern didn't look anywhere close to the same.

Hey Jolly, can you clarify which park lamps you ended up with? They look like the closest match as far as I can tell to the TYC park lamps that aren't available.

Dean

Evhfan2000

Reaction score
No problem at all, Dean!

Truth is, I searched and searched to see what the differences were in the two lights (82-5191 and 82-5989) and couldn't find a clear answer anywhere. People said, "Oh they should be exactly the same" without any real evidence.

I happened to find this pair on ebay (listed as new, arrived in excellent condition, but had clearly been installed before) right after I bought my truck and went for it. Glad I did, they didn't turn out too bad, but they're definitely different than the 94-98...At least you can only tell from the side :lol:

As for my headlights...ugh...It took me forever to figure out how to get the adjusters to actually work. Once I screwed in the actual screws on the back of the assembly, the adjusters actually worked, and got them to how you see them there. My passenger side light still needs a tiny bit of work if you look close, but the light pattern is perfect.
I didn't have to do any of the nonsense with reaming out the mounting holes, using spacers or any of that. Just used the adjusters.

I love my crew cab, nice to know there's some others out there! They're not an easy truck to find!

-Bryan

Bryan - I had my local dealer do a search for black crew cabs in the Pacific Northwest in the spring of 98 without success. Lots of ecsb around but i was willing to wait for the full doors. Finally found mine in Jan 99. They found my truck near the Canadian border. Took possession with 230 miles on the clock.

Problem with my passenger side light is that in order to aim it where it needs to go, the outer most side of the low beam light is not flush with the grille. Sticks out about 1/2" that I need to get adjusted in. Probably going to have to get the entire light to sit back the 1/2" since the light is properly aimed. If I just adjust the one side so it's flush, it will be shining off the side of the road.

I'll be messing with it for awhile as I'm pulling my OEM grille, removing all the shiny flaky coating, and doing a blackout job on it. Now to find a streamlined way of removing the plastic chrome.

Dean

Last edited:

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Hey Jolly, can you clarify which park lamps you ended up with? They look like the closest match as far as I can tell to the TYC park lamps that aren't available.

Dean

Here ya go Dean. You'll notice that the lines on the back of the lamps run vertical, just like the TYC headlights. They are as close as you'll get without buying the matching pair.

The others seem to have a "windfan" finish. The lines start at the center of the light and go out toward the edge of the housing, which = not even close to TYC.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/ann-511033