Anyone has had issues with 88-89 LMC grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So i bought a 88-89 silverado grille for quad lights and parking light housings from LMC and to my surprise parking lamp housings leave a big gap at the bottom between housing and grille...i dont know if pl housings are too small or grille is defective or just that over all lmc quality is trash
Anybody else has had problems with lmc grilles and pl housings?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know if pl housings are too small or grille is defective or just that over all lmc quality is trash
Anybody else has had problems with lmc grilles and pl housings?
I got the grille pn 39-4055 but, I don't remember where I got the PLs (I know I had to paint the frames black from silver). They fit fine. Maybe you PLs are wrong?
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I got the grille pn 39-4055 but, I don't remember where I got the PLs (I know I had to paint the frames black from silver). They fit fine. Maybe you PLs are wrong?
Thanks for replying!!!Yours looks great man,and what you mean by wrong?like they sent me part for newer models?

Reaction score
Thanks for replying!!!Yours looks great man,and what you mean by wrong?like they sent me part for newer models

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC, some of the early trucks used a different style of parking light retainers that space the housings out towards the front of the grille a little. Number 7 in this diagram:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/parklight/cd-1990-93-parklight-composite

LMC says that's for '90-'93, but I'm not entirely sure how accurate that is.

If you could post a picture that might help us figure out what's going on.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
88-93 park lamps have a downward slope built into the lens, and have metal frames around the lens, painted silver. They mount to the 88-93 grille using black plastic spacers (about 1/4" tall) that snap into the grille.

94-up park lamps are flat and there's no additional frame, the surrounding "frame" is one piece with the lens plastic and is painted black. They mount to the 94-up grille using individual plastic "nuts" that snap into the grille, no spacers.

Richard