Anybody use Belltec lowing rear leafs in their OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glocklimited9

Reaction score
Hey guys, im getting ready to drop my 2wd 97 1500 reg cab short bed, and my truck just hit 200,000 miles, anyone have these? With 200K the stock springs are probably really worn, and Im swapping my camaros old LS1 in with its 6speed soon so i want something thats also pretty stiff, i want to go as low as i can in the back without a C notch.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I wouldn't run the lowering leafs if you're wanting stiff leafs, the lowering leafs are very squooshy. If you did run them, I'd run a 2-link to keep down axle wrap and wheel hop. If you want to go low without a c-notch, I would suggest leaf spring lowering shackles and leaf spring lowering hangers. The shackles will give you 2" drop and hangers will give another 2" drop.

Glocklimited9

Reaction score
1bad how did you like them? With all the miles my truck has im sure my springs are tired

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I liked them. They started off as being part of a 2/4 drop and they were eventually part of a 5/8 drop adding shackles, hangers and a c-notch to the leafs. I bought them second-hand from a friend and probably put nearly 100,000 miles on them myself. The truck rode and handled great with them and I still hauled some pretty good loads on those springs.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Maybe it was because mine was an eclb then :shrug: I know they rate the drop as being different for shorter wheelbase versus longer wheelbase. But mine really were squooshy, per say....it made the truck ride like a caddy, which was nice until you bottomed out on train crossings. They were rated at 5" drop for a ccsb, 3" drop for an rcsb.