anybody runing stock 15" alloys with a wider than stock tire on a 4/6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I like the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. About the same price as the BFG's, but the wet performance, for me, is superior. Last set went 60,000(+) miles, with regular rotations. For some reason, the outside edges of my front tires seem to wear more than the centers. Could be due to the guy behind the wheel.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, haha....my front outside edges wore a tad faster than inside, but I used to roll into hairpins a little faster than one should in a full size truck :evillol:

Firehawk Indy 500's....don't see many of them out there, but I bet they're pretty sticky tires. Buddy of mine just got a set of the new tiger paw GTZ's, and man, they perform better than the GTS's....I'd put them up there with those indy 500's in wet road traction. They haven't increased their tread wear rating much, still considered a 50k mile tire.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Indy 500's. 275/60-15. Delivered to my door. $641.04. 1010tires. Best deal for us Canucks. Tirerack was cheaper, but after duty, would of worked out to within $10.00. Difference was in delivery time. 2 days or 10 days.

Super Silvi 1990

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah wet weather was not their strong suit because there are no rain sythes in the tire but havent had a tire yet that i could launch as hard as i did with them on.

kyotey1693

Reaction score
I dont meant to bring the dead back to life, but it's tire time for me and I want to go wider. I read through here and it looks like many of you have gotten away with 275/50's or 60's on your lowerd trucks. Mine has a 4/6 drop and appears to have the 454SS wheels. (I'm not sure if the sports are different from the 454's or not) Anyways, I have rolled the lips on both front and rear fenders and am currently running 235/75's. Right now there is less than an inch between the rear lip and the sidewall and I'm afraid they might rub? I think the fronts would probably handle the 275's fine though.

Did I miss something in the thread? Are you guys running diffferent offsets? Is there a difference in the 454's vs Sports? Or am I just paranoid and need to go ahead and buy the 275's?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
275/60 will be fine in the back but I think its to muck for the front iirc. I run a 295/50 out back. The ss and sport are the same wheels

Ritchison07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck has 275 60 all the way around.. it looks good on the rears, but when i hit full lock i rub like crazy on the front. Im going to stagger them come tire time.. prob go with a 255 up front. My rims are at least 8in wide, im assuming even wider because they go past the outside fender well a little bit. I dont want the 255s to look stretched. Hate that appearance

Sent From My Galaxy S3