anybody runing stock 15" alloys with a wider than stock tire on a 4/6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
like the title says, i want to do the 4/6 drop on my ext cab short bed, but i dont have the moneys to buy wheels to go with it, so i like the look of wide tires as well but i dont know if they will rub, stock is 235 i believe, anybody running anything wider??? :)

Darkside 94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe you can run at least 255/60's maybe 275/60 but not sure. I'm sure some of the guys will help out and provide more info.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, also take into consideration your stock rim width, is it 6" or 7"? My alloys are rated at 8" but are actually 7.5" which is the minimum rating for 275's. Those 255's will look sweet, are you going blackwall or white-out? We needz pix!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have 73-87 8" Rallys with 275/60 on a 7" drop, rub abit on back.

same tire would probabley fit better on OBS wheels.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah, also take into consideration your stock rim width, is it 6" or 7"? My alloys are rated at 8" but are actually 7.5" which is the minimum rating for 275's. Those 255's will look sweet, are you going blackwall or white-out? We needz pix!
If they are stock 88-98 wheels, they are 7" they never made any other size.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah not exactly stock, conversion company used them....just like southern comfort, dixie customs, etc. But I never realized the stock steelies were 7" rims, my work truck is the only one with steel wheels and I've never thought to check width.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Yeah not exactly stock, conversion company used them....just like southern comfort, dixie customs, etc. But I never realized the stock steelies were 7" rims, my work truck is the only one with steel wheels and I've never thought to check width.
even 454ss wheels where 7". i MIGHT be wrong about steelies, but i bet they are 7"

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
i definitely dont want my truck looking like that southern comfort crap, i want it to look "hotrodded" i guess would be the correct term, low and mean looking, just with the black wall out. all this until i can save the money for some torque thrust or coys. :D