anybody here install a.coverlay dash cap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

Anybody here install a coverlay hard plastic dash cap on their 88 to 94 GMT400?

Coverlay manufacturing is about an hour away from where i live. I can prob take a road trip to go get one of these, but before i do that, i would love to see pictures of these installed, and maybe hear from people who have installed these as far as how well they fit, and look.

Thanks in advance
Matt

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They look better than a completely destroyed dash. They do not look as good as an unbroken dash. Somewhere in the middle of that range...if you're picky, you probably will not like it. But picky also doesn't like a busted-up dash.

The defrost vent slat area is completely open, no slats, so if any of your slats are broken you will still see it. You'll also see the lip at the edge where it overhangs the original dash.

Sorry, don't have any pics for you, but someone else probably does and can post. I've never installed one, just seen 'em.

Richard

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am a picky person and have a complete unbroken 93 dash to swap in, however i wanted to do this as a temporary thing for a couple years while i deal with other issues the truck has. Then i intend to color change the replacement dash to my interior color and swap it in. Planned on putting in a new heater core when i have thr dash out. Yes my dash has a few broken vent teeth. I was going to maybe make a custom vent grille and black out the old broken teeth to hide em for awhile.

But yeah. Anybody got one thats color matched, lets see those pix.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dash is not to bad yet, so I decided to do the overlay carpet dash cover. I ordered mine from AutoZone a few years ago. It was around $30 or so It is a good temporary fix.
You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi kenny,

Those are pretty nice looking too, however i was looking for pix of the moulded plastic dash cap as used on the 88 thru 94 dash.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've installed them, but not in a 400. Brit sports cars, mostly. MG's, TR6's & Spitfires.
They're just O.K. I'm picky, but if that's what the customer wants...
Not in my trucks though!