Any experience with HP tunners for the 99-00 trucks supercharged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomas57

Reaction score
OK so I have a 99C 2500 with the L31 5.7 and a 4L80E, truck is running great so that being the case I’m gonna do what I do best and mess with it, my father-in-law has a brand new inbox LT4 hot cam and that he will give me and I bought very recently a 97K 1500 suburban with a Vortech the one supercharger,. I’m thinking I want to combine both the hot cam with the supercharger in my truck. I know the can of worms that I know I’m opening trying to do the hot cam in a Vortech if there’s any straightforward pointers to what is needed I’m not asking what is a better alternative I am doing this as cheap as possible and a free cam is as cheap as it gets in the supercharger I already have it , will my ECMP tunable or will I have to upgrade to the 0411 ECU and I’m planning on pulling the engine possibly next weekend I’m gonna look at the rims replace them if necessary new head gasket and just reseal the engine all around much easier to do when it’s out and go ahead and slide the cam in just looking for pointers on tuning wanted cams and supercharged. I believe the supercharger is putting out about four psi with its current pulley I’ll see what is the maximum amount of boost these engines to take safely with a stock bottom end

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
411 pcm for sure.
have no clue what them older engines will handle but be prepared to read spark plugs to see where your at on timing

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
411 pcm for sure.
have no clue what them older engines will handle but be prepared to read spark plugs to see where your at on timing
What it will handle depends on the tune, ring gap, shape of the engine, etc. With the added fuel to run rich enough for boost the stock injectors will tap out around 380-400 hp. With supporting mods aka headers the cam alone puts a 350 there.

tomas57

Reaction score
What it will handle depends on the tune, ring gap, shape of the engine, etc. With the added fuel to run rich enough for boost the stock injectors will tap out around 380-400 hp. With supporting mods aka headers the cam alone puts a 350 there.
I’ve read that there is someone on eBay (I looked and haven’t found it) that sells custom mpis with larger injectors would that help

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve read that there is someone on eBay (I looked and haven’t found it) that sells custom mpis with larger injectors would that help
You will need a set of 36 or 48 lb/hr depending on your power goals. AUS Injection makes them. $$$$ for what they are. They are reman injectors that have been redrilled, flow tested and come with a calibration sheet.

tomas57

Reaction score
You will need a set of 36 or 48 lb/hr depending on your power goals. AUS Injection makes them. $$$$ for what they are. They are reman injectors that have been redrilled, flow tested and come with a calibration sheet.
Can I theoretically take a new set to a local injector shop and have them do it ?