any advice please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 95 k1500 and there is a clicking/ticking noise coming from front passenger side wheel. it drives good, turns good, brakes work great. ab 800 miles ago i replaced front brake pads and rear brake shoes. the ticking/clicking isnt affecting drive quality. i didnt turn rotors or drums tho. if anybody has had this problem any advise would be appreciated, also i can only hear the noise when going less than 30 with the windows down. any speed faster the wind and tires cover the noise or the noise stops

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the CV joints in the axle going south. I would jnspect the CV boots for tears and check for slack in the joints themselves.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it get worse while turning sharp? Normally it's the cv axels goin bad.

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the driver side boot has a tear but i keep it packed with grease but the passenger side is where the noise is coming from and the boot is good. and no it doesnt make the sound when i turn sharp either there isnt any lossness in it either.

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was just out looking and i can move my sway bar link around a little bit, when i moved it, it kinda sounded like the clicking. could that bit it?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was just out looking and i can move my sway bar link around a little bit, when i moved it, it kinda sounded like the clicking. could that bit it?

Definitely. Any bump you hit makes that link move. If its metal on metal you will definatly hear it

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its not metal on metal yet the bushing connecting the link to the lower control arm is starting to dry rot and come off a little at a time so ill find out if that it when i replace it soon.

big nasty

Reaction score
Cv axel +1 had the same issue on my truck and its gone now 65 dollars+core at pep boys and an hour, problem solved and you can change that bushing while you are in there