Anti lock brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 k1500 I drove with a spare for about 70 miles and under semi heavy braking no lock up the brakes kicked back like the abs was kicking on twice within a few minutes of each instance. Then nothing the rest of the drive home. Now my antilock brake light is on the dash. Would this happen with a smaller spare tire on the left front? Can’t remember the spare size it was a spare off a 2014 Tahoe but the rest of the tires are 285/75r16.

How do I clear the light now that I’ve got the same tires all around again?

Thanks

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should have a code stored (can’t remember, but think they start with C?) so a good scanner should be able to read/clear it.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season coming.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to disconnect the battery to clear the Mils. Cause someone is always borrowing my OBDII. Frig, this is not the late 90s, they are so cheap to purchase now. All Good, I like to help.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll have to see if my bluscanner deal will clear it. If not I’ll try the battery. Thanks for the help.

I assume it was due to the mismatched front tire size?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once you install 4 matching tires, and drive, itll shut off the light on its own.
If it doesnt, it means you have a hard fault and its scanner time.

If it was an OBD2 code, unplugging the battery would not clear the code. That's an OBD1 feature. Since its ABS, try it anyway. But the best way is to scan it, and verify there's not a separate fault.