anti kill story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
In regards to your question earlier, no 3:73s or 4:10s will not make your truck faster, they will make it get up to speed faster, but technically make your truck slower since it will lower the top speed...

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
It's a truck... It'll probably never be faster than that 4 cyl hamster mobile. At least without getting really expensive :popcorn:

For the record my 90 walked all over a silly little hampster mobile

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I have driven a kia soul. I hated it, has zero throttle response. If you mash your foot down from a stop nothing happens for about a second, then it slowly takes off. Probably the most gutless thing I have ever driven.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have driven a kia soul. I hated it, has zero throttle response. If you mash your foot down from a stop nothing happens for about a second, then it slowly takes off. Probably the most gutless thing I have ever driven.

Theres a reason their commercials have hamsters in them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Lol thats great- my truck was born a 4.3! It kills me the previous owner decoded to go 5.0 instead of 5.7 but w.e lol it was more fun but do u actually know if it made it quicker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicker outa the hole, & ran through the gears much faster. I removed the speed limiter, & raised the shift points via a hand programmer. With the 3.42's, I'd had it up over 120mph. There was more top-end, but the six only had so much power, & I needed more road to go any faster. The acceleration was anemic at that speed. Might of been able to get 130 out of it, maybe a bit more. But who actually needs to drive that fast? Lol! With the 3.73's, I could get to 120 way faster, but there was nothing after that. At 60mph, drop down a gear & go! Great for passing 'cause it got to the power band faster. No, ...dum-de-dum-de-dum...waiting around for the power to build.
4.10's would have been too much gear. Highway driving, a PITA! Those would of put the engine just at or above it's power band, making it not only a pig on fuel, the wear & tear of buzzing the engine that high on the highway just makes for things to wear out faster. Oil changes would need to be more frequent, too, due to the greater rpm's to miles travelled.
4.10's would limit you to mostly city driving. It'd certainly be fun there! Or the 1/4 mile. Highway driving would become old pretty fast.
Especially with a 305. They start to run outa breath at about 4500rpm. Anything after that would just be noise. & wasted fuel.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My tranny shifts around 2300 at wot- the only time she revvs put is in n or at 80+ , but i never exceed 100 mph- but i wonder if 4.10s would help me from getting speeding tickets- i would keep it under 65

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol! What you'd save form not getting tickets could be put towards fuel!

Lol i do spend about 80% of my driving around 40mph, the rest is almost a dead even split between between hwy and around town ( i live in a suburban town on long island, ny. I do drive the truck all year long and frequently leave 11s at stop signs- im convinced now that 3.73s may just be my best option- or 5.15s xD