answer to any 4l60e trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
if i remember correctly they are on the same circuit, so id say maybe a faulty tcc lock up, im not sure whyd it start shifting normal again though

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well its official i unplug the map it shifts normal, even with a new map sensor it shifts wrong.

felon637

Reaction score
well its official i unplug the map it shifts normal, even with a new map sensor it shifts wrong.

You need to put a new TCC solenoid in. I am not smart enough to explain why but if I was going to sound smart I would say this:

Your Torque Converter Clutch solenoid windings are compromised and when the solenoid heats up the windings become open causing failure of the apply circuit which results in an error code and "limp home mode" being applied to the transmission.

When you unplug the MAP sensor you are setting an error code for it which causes the computer to go into a different failure mode that will not monitor the transmission apply circuits due to false readings it may obtain from lack of verified MAP readings therefore allowing the transmission to shift properly (minus the torque converter clutch.)

This statement is not copied from a book but grasped out of the air between my ears, nor do I deem it to be correct but in my years of computerized control diagnosis and repair I believe it to be at least partially true.

In short replace your TCC solenoid.

Could be wiring in the circuit, could be the PCM, but as cheap as they are and easy to replace you should go there. Also lack of a scan tool to monitor output.

For fun you could get a multi-meter, some back probing pins and a wiring diagram and decide if you want a career in automotive repair.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
You need to put a new TCC solenoid in. I am not smart enough to explain why but if I was going to sound smart I would say this:

Your Torque Converter Clutch solenoid windings are compromised and when the solenoid heats up the windings become open causing failure of the apply circuit which results in an error code and "limp home mode" being applied to the transmission.

When you unplug the MAP sensor you are setting an error code for it which causes the computer to go into a different failure mode that will not monitor the transmission apply circuits due to false readings it may obtain from lack of verified MAP readings therefore allowing the transmission to shift properly (minus the torque converter clutch.)

This statement is not copied from a book but grasped out of the air between my ears, nor do I deem it to be correct but in my years of computerized control diagnosis and repair I believe it to be at least partially true.

In short replace your TCC solenoid.

Could be wiring in the circuit, could be the PCM, but as cheap as they are and easy to replace you should go there. Also lack of a scan tool to monitor output.

For fun you could get a multi-meter, some back probing pins and a wiring diagram and decide if you want a career in automotive repair.
thats better then how i could ever explain it lol

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, well i replaced the tcc solenoid and the wiring and it still shifts wrong and i am soooo PISSED. and im at a complete loss for any solution

felon637

Reaction score
ok, well i replaced the tcc solenoid and the wiring and it still shifts wrong and i am soooo PISSED. and im at a complete loss for any solution

Dude that sucks. Looks like you are dealer bound. Sorry I was wrong. Please don't send me a bill though.