Another lowering my 4x4 thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I have read several threads and done the search ;) , but have a couple other questions

I have a 1992 Blazer 4x4 with the 265/75 -16's -

I would like to lower it to help with getting in and out, but don't want to completely lose it's ability to go "off-read". Though 99.5 percent of driving will be city.

After reading all the other threads it looks like with Keys up front and Shackles out back I could drop the whole thing 2 inches pretty easily which I think would be enough - in fact LMC has a kit for this for a 95 or newer I would just need to find one for my year- http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csd/full.aspx?Page=97

Here are my questions -

1. Could this be done with airbags at a reasonable price without special fabrication? Would I still need to keys and shackles?

2. Would I have any problems with the current wheel and tire combo if I lowered it 2 inches front and back? What about 4 in back?

3. Would shackles and hangers be just as "sturdy" as oem?

4. Do I create and alignment issues for the front with new keys?

Due to cost I will most likely do keys and shackles, but thought if I could do airbags alone that would be better.
thanks