Another brake light issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol I put the key in and then turn my parking lights on and turn the left blinker and get out and check and both tails are blinking!? Did the same when hit the blinker right. Push the brake pedal they go out except the 3 little ones on the side of the tail!?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I did some reading and apparently 94-up brake light switch are not adjustable. I'm going to do some trouble shooting in the next hour or so. I kinda stuck the issue back burner with the recent accident and such. But today I noticed that my inspection is due as of last month.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright. Ruled out flea bay specials as the culprit. Hooked up my old stock tail lights and still nothing. Also, I cant get to the brake light switch without the hands the size of a toddler. There's a metal bracket in the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Right there next to the steering column. Can it be removed with those nuts, or is it connected up out of sight and it's meant to hold the steering column in place?
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the switch hiding back there from this angle. It's that white patch to the left of the steering column.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody here has information on accessing the brake light switch without practically pulling the dash out?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try installing your "missing" brake light relay?
Well no, I havent simply because I've never had one as far as I know. And none of my schematics have it either, but let me look at my Haynes.

EDIT: Sure enough. Page 12-27. Stop Lamp Relay. I never once thought of it since I have had one to begin with. But that still doesnt explain why I had brake lights at one point and then suddenly didnt.

Last edited: