AndyMpire LiL Red Chevy K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This was at the very start getting everything pulled off to get to some nuts and bolts.

The cap and rotor were pretty screwed up. The plug wires were ok, but if I'm gonna change the cap might as well get some fresh wires too. The ignition coil didn't look to good either so I switched that out as well. The new coil came with some ty little brackets so I got smart and drilled out the old rivets on the original one and made use of the factory brackets (yay go me!)

AndyMpire

Reaction score
Then I finally got the stubborn ***** off. It was filthy as could be. I spent an hour cleaning and scrubbing with degreaser and wire brushes. Still have to do more of that tomorrow.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It's coming along man.

Looks nasty as heck in that lifter valley. Lots of sludge.

AndyMpire

Reaction score
What would be a good way to clean all of that sludge out w/I removing anything else? I really can't afford the amount of time it would take to do a full rebuild atm. Or would a 5.3 swap be cheaper?

AndyMpire

Reaction score
I know there are plenty of dads in here. and I am proud to announce that I have joined the club. she was born yesterday 18 October @1047am. weighs 7lbs. and is 20" long.
her name is Addyson Jacqueline. just wanted to share my excitement with others. she will be welding/wrenching up a storm in a few short years. ive already made a deposit on an old chevy apache pickup for her and I to build.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of dads in here. and I am proud to announce that I have joined the club. she was born yesterday 18 October @1047am. weighs 7lbs. and is 20" long.
her name is Addyson Jacqueline. just wanted to share my excitement with others. she will be welding/wrenching up a storm in a few short years. ive already made a deposit on an old chevy apache pickup for her and I to build.

Congrats man! Kids are awesome! I have another on the way myself!

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score

Congrats on the truck and the baby! look forward to more updates. The truck looks sick :peace:

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sub'd for progress! Love shortbeds, and obviously i'm partial to red! Congrats on your first child man!

AndyMpire

Reaction score
thanks guys. yeah its an awesome feeling being a dad. im digging your rcsb jtlichty. I need to fine some z71 decals for my bedsides. right now im rocking a large dc shoes sticker on both sides cuz it was too plain looking.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Hey man, awesome truck! Love the red and black combo.

Are those new factory headlights? I might be looking for some in the near future.

Congrats on your baby too!