And then this happened...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm changing out my spider injector and trying to squeeze my arms into places and I feel something pop and suddenly my arm has more room. The fitting on my outlet to my heater core broke off into my lower intake manifold. Time to remove the lower manifold now. Looks like it'll need drilled and tapped. Hopefully I can find a replacement fitting. :(

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
NOPE!!! that happenend to me, the fitting needs to be replaced obviously, But the manifold is absolutely fine, just grab an EZ_out set and it'll come right out.

Just be carfeful with that plastic fitting, that is what will cost you money if you happen to break the tube behind it.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's good to hear! Sounds like it's time for an EZ out kit. I'm guessing the reverse drill bit style should work well.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't that this connection? They are know for braking. I replaced mine with a brass king nipple, and a hose I got from Auto Zone. It wont brake off again.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you trace that same hose down, you can see my Prestone flush and fill connector. If you dont have one of these yet, its a grate up grade to back flush the cooling system. I have used one of these for a long time. Have had one on my last 3 or 4 trucks.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Flush out your heater core, both ways while you have the hoses free. It's amazing how much crud will come out

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When mine broke off I couldn't budge it with an easy out and never could figure out why the are called that cause broken stuff seldom comes out easy. I ended up using a hack saw blade and making 4 cuts about 3/4 through the fitting and the tapping them inward with a punch to break them out. Chased the threads and replaced with a hose barb fitting as others discribed.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When mine broke off I couldn't budge it with an easy out and never could figure out why the are called that cause broken stuff seldom comes out easy. I ended up using a hack saw blade and making 4 cuts about 3/4 through the fitting and the tapping them inward with a punch to break them out. Chased the threads and replaced with a hose barb fitting as others discribed.
I tried that on my tbi intake but misjudged how deep i went into the fitting in one place and screwed the intake up. Lucky for me I had a extra intake laying around.