And so it begins.... Riders '89 GMC K3500 ECLB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Maybe a glovebox door swap? They are notorious for breaking in the 88-93's

Rpo tag is on the glovebox liner. What is more likely is that the 454 blew up and the owner at the time replaced it with a used 350, and maybe it seen a repaint that was complete enough to have had the jambs done.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Rpo tag is on the glovebox liner. What is more likely is that the 454 blew up and the owner at the time replaced it with a used 350, and maybe it seen a repaint that was complete enough to have had the jambs done.

Damn you caught it before the edit lmao!! Either way I find the info very interesting, in a good way. Its always cool to learn the history of a truck.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Damn you caught it before the edit lmao!! Either way I find the info very interesting, in a good way. Its always cool to learn the history of a truck.

Yup, just finished checking the other vin locations that are visable and confirmed it is the correct vin for the truck which so far supports my blown 454 swapped for 350 idea, and the fact that there was white paint around the vin tag indicates that gm may have changed their color code at one point.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
That's cool stuff, you oughta do a VIN history search like Carfax on it and see all the people who owned it.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That's cool stuff, you oughta do a VIN history search like Carfax on it and see all the people who owned it.

Im thinking I may just do that for both of my trucks and perhaps my acura. Here's an even more likely idea..someone bought it for it's 454 for a swap and replaced it with a 350 to keep it a runner for the next owner.