And so it begins…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whats hiding under the car cover in your pole shed? Trans Am?

Nice progress on the truck BTW!!!
I had to scroll back and look at the picture to see what was back there, as things get moved around pretty regularly. That background ornament is an early C3 BB Corvette.

Last edited:

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one more step before it becomes a daily driver. I drove it for the first time yesterday and things all seem to be working well, sans a few minor glitches on the to-do list. Finally have a back window in it which made the drive home from the glass shop rather peaceful. I ordered new tires from Tire Rack and they are supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I’ve already got the old tires off the wheels and the wheels are all cleaned up and ready for their new rubber.

Makes me sad to toss tires with such good tread on them, but the ‘06 date codes are a bit frightening. My trip to the glass place this morning was all on back roads and side streets.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for some reason I can’t attach the picture of the back window. But I promise it’s there.

Nice solid privacy glass where the clear slider once resided.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘95 is now all sorted out and is my daily driver!

My last “glitch” was a hesitation that sure felt like a fueling issue but turned out to be an ignition issue. I love the TBI system since I can SEE the fuel spraying. Today I changed spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap, rotor, and reset the timing. My ignition wires were all but falling off of the cap and plugs. They had no spring tension at the ends at all. The terminals on my cap and rotor were unbelievably chewed up. After inspecting these parts I’m surprised that this truck was running at all. Timing was advanced about 4° but is set properly now.

With a factory rating of 200HP I won’t be winning any drag races but it’s sure nice to finally drive it and have it running smoothly with everything working.

My want-to-do list is still rather lengthy. But my have-to-do list is now empty.