Almost up in flames...HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boston71

Reaction score
Swapping the whole dash harness isn’t going to be easy. Additionally, there is a big gob of wires that go through the firewall. On early trucks, it was a connector. On later trucks, just a big gob of sealant.

Easy answer is to get a replacement fuse box and swap all your pins over. This will be tedious and fun..practice on a junkyard unit first.
Can't find fuse box online anywhere would this be junkyard item... Because except for that pin and fuse box all the rest of the wires coming out are in good condition

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Swapping the whole dash harness isn’t going to be easy. Additionally, there is a big gob of wires that go through the firewall. On early trucks, it was a connector. On later trucks, just a big gob of sealant.

Easy answer is to get a replacement fuse box and swap all your pins over. This will be tedious and fun..practice on a junkyard unit first.
Should still be able to disconnect at the firewall. Newest one I've done was a '98 and there's still a bolt in the middle (torx head) that you turn it and turn it and turn it until it's finally loose, the bolt is still captive, and you can split the connector.

Something tells me that circuit may have been badly over-fused. It's easy on the 95-up trucks to read the fuse #'s wrong because of the way it's printed; sometimes you need a double-take to realize what numbers correspond to which row. Maybe someone put a fuse in there that was way too large, thinking it was a different one...

Richard

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pics of fuse box. Some of the wires are cut already around 8-10 inches back or so (rough guess).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach