Almost up in flames...HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boston71

Reaction score
Heard a fuse Arc while at a stoplight and saw and smelled smoke opened the fuse door pulled the fuse light turned green could see flames in driver side vent had to extinguish with a Coke fuse panel cooked but truck operational I no it will need replaced but can't figure out what these melted wires are. Help
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Boston71

Reaction score
Ok so all that is (I mean was) was that push button that was above fuse door. Okay and here I thought it was important so I can cut ends off get new button and wire it back up. Any idea where to get the fuse block. Thanks so much

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That fuse box is part of the dash harness. Probably not a bad idea to replace the whole thing.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Any idea where to get the fuse block. Thanks so much
Junkyards should have tons of these trucks with good door jamb switches and fuse boxes still.

That sucks what happened to your truck. :( I can't believe that little door jamb switch did that much damage! Wow!

Boston71

Reaction score
Junkyard was the conclusion I was coming to whereabouts from the fuse box is the harness is it just a few plugs in one spot or is this going to be a bunch p of wires in different directions. I believe it was fuse 1 that did the damage

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapping the whole dash harness isn’t going to be easy. Additionally, there is a big gob of wires that go through the firewall. On early trucks, it was a connector. On later trucks, just a big gob of sealant.

Easy answer is to get a replacement fuse box and swap all your pins over. This will be tedious and fun..practice on a junkyard unit first.

Last edited: