Alarm/remote start/keyless entry advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Viper without remote start. Its a grate system. If you install it your self, you have to be very careful, not to short the control module out. You have to use relays to activate what you want to control with the system. You can not just hook up the alarm system to say your door lock or what ever. It has to go through a relay. The alarm module works on low voltage. Of you do not use relays you will short out the alarm system module.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i have the Viper with the kung fu grip......one of the remotes has a screen to tell you what's going on, not that i understand the friggin thing..... i like it.....had it installed when they put the stereo system from my Blazer into my Sierra, my install guy recommended it for me......remote stat was a must for me. i think i paid $400 installed......twas definitely worth it to me living in NYC.