Alarm/remote start/keyless entry advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i am looking to buy a alarm system with remote start and keyless entry for my 94 C1500. What unit do you all recommend? I am looking to spend no more than $225.00.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Any decent remote start uses a sense wire off the tach signal to avoid continuing to crank once the engine starts. My Prestige was like that and so is my Viper. No issues with it running the starter longer than it should.

Richard

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
That looks like a good unit. Have you had any over cranking issues?
I don't have remote start, but the keyless entry and alarm is nice. The range is great and the FOB is the right size IMO.

Splat

Reaction score
I've had nothing but good luck with Bulldog Security alarms and keyless units. MOF, I'm replacing the stock GM alarm/keyless unit on my new-to-me 1994 Suburban with a Bulldog keyless entry unit. Easy to install and not expensive.

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went with a compustar love it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any decent remote start uses a sense wire off the tach signal to avoid continuing to crank once the engine starts. My Prestige was like that and so is my Viper. No issues with it running the starter longer than it should.

Richard

Richard my 93 GMC is hooked up to my tach because I did have issues and it so easy just to get the signal off the coil oh mine is a Prestige model and as long as you have your receipt Prestige stands behind there product and so does Viper and DEI