ajusting doors??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got some power window doors today and put the passager door on and the gap is off.. i put new door pins an bushings so there is no sag.. how can i ajust the the door up cuz there is a big gap at the bottom but the top looks good..

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
if you have adjustment on the hinges on the body, you could try loosening up the bottom hinge on the body so the door will drop, this will make your gap at the top bigger, but then loosen the top and bottom and see if you can move the whole door to the fron of the truck. if your holes on the hinge to the body you may have to make your holes bigger on the hinge to make room for moving the hinge. hope i didnt confuse the hell out of you lol. thats all i can thibk of. hope that helped a bit

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
These trucks dont really got much adjustmed. The only way ive ever done it, was pry on the door. It sounds bad, but i got my door bang on. The driver door, i had to put a jack and some wood under it and jac kit up to bend it up. Then i had to twist the window part, so i put the window and stuck a 2x4 through it, and twist it. My door hasnt shut so nicely since ive had it!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
if you have adjustment on the hinges on the body, you could try loosening up the bottom hinge on the body so the door will drop, this will make your gap at the top bigger, but then loosen the top and bottom and see if you can move the whole door to the fron of the truck. if your holes on the hinge to the body you may have to make your holes bigger on the hinge to make room for moving the hinge. hope i didnt confuse the hell out of you lol. thats all i can thibk of. hope that helped a bit

hinges are welded to the cab ...

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
hinges are welded to the cab ...
i thought they were....if they break by chance or get bent, you can get a replacement hinge/hinges but they come with bolts i believe. i thought about the jacking up part but he said that the gap at the top was good so thats the only thing i could think of.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
got some power window doors today and put the passager door on and the gap is off.. i put new door pins an bushings so there is no sag.. how can i ajust the the door up cuz there is a big gap at the bottom but the top looks good..

you may just have to split the difference of the gap sizes

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was thinking about the jack deal a little bit ago.. with my old doors everything lined up fine now with the doors i have they dont.. the top of the door is twisted also so i have to do the 2x4 trick lol i dont have the cab on the frame i have it on a stand i built but the stand is made to set right on the cab mounts.. but like i said with the other doors everthing lined right up on the stand..

im kinda a ass when it somes to seeing a nice custom truck and the gaps are all over the place lol..

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i was thinking about the jack deal a little bit ago.. with my old doors everything lined up fine now with the doors i have they dont.. the top of the door is twisted also so i have to do the 2x4 trick lol i dont have the cab on the frame i have it on a stand i built but the stand is made to set right on the cab mounts.. but like i said with the other doors everthing lined right up on the stand..

im kinda a ass when it somes to seeing a nice custom truck and the gaps are all over the place lol..

I feel the same way when it comes to gaps, i wouldnt bend them into place till you put in on your frame... because the frame can be off so slitly itll through everything off if you try to make it work right away...