ajusting doors??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Ever see the old school bodymen work on a car? Some of their methods may seem primitive & brutal! BFH's, heat, prybars, jack-alls.
Yet the results they achieve can be better than what some of the newbies can do with all their fancy lasers & multi $$$ jigs.
When my Unc. & Dad had cabs, they employed 2 full time bodymen. Old school bodymen. They probably though that a laser was something from 'Star Trek'!
The way Eric described to align doors, with a floor jack & a 2X4, is a method that I've seen used many times.
Sure, it's 'Trial & Error'. Trick is, just do a bit at a time. Don't try to get the door aligned all in one shot.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
Hmmm, in my case, I'm not sure a jack and wood would work (no jack high enough), but I get the idea. I'll do something along those lines and make it work, because my door closes very poorly. I have to close it, then throw an elbow into it to "finish" the closing lol.

Thanks!