Air filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
I know a lot of people recommend just the factory paper filter for our trucks. In place of oiled filters like k&n. But what about dry filters that arnt paper? Do any of y'all run those?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run an Amsoil EA series on my K&N FIPK in the red truck, but only out of necessity. I couldn't find a regular paper cone filter with the dimensions I needed so I went with the next best thing, which was something non-oiled.

In your case, with a factory airbox, I'd just use regular old AC Delco paper filters. That's what I use in my Suburban. You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon or RockAuto.

AC Delco A1300C (for regular air boxes):

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-A130...ie=UTF8&qid=1487695453&sr=8-1&keywords=a1300c

AC Delco A1301C (if you have the RPO code K47, which is the high capacity air box)

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-A130...ie=UTF8&qid=1487695507&sr=8-1&keywords=a1301c

TrailBlazerZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to keep the stock intake, I usually use the Napa gold paper filters. I believe Champion also makes a severe duty filter. If you go to an intake system, get the Volant one with the Donaldson Powercore dry filter. Hands down the best air filter anywhere.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

C30454

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every motor I have ever seen go 250,000+ miles had factory air ducting and filtration, and air filters replaced as needed. There MAY be something better, but I haven't seen it. No sense reinventing the wheel. Contrary to what filter manufacturers and CAI makers tell you, there is no magic secret hidden "free" horsepower to be found there, so why risk your pistons, rings, and bores?

Tom