air cleaner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some of these trucks as seen in post #14 had straight ducking would like to find one for sale also this is what the video is about
You must be registered for see images attach
the person say the 2 inlets got very dirty and the rest of the filter was clean and looked new after a year and it was making his truck bog down and then he showed an open element filter that was evenly dirty after a year and said the open element was better I was asking if the batwing would have the same problem or not

I run this on my 250 and have had no issues with it, ran the ducts to radiator support so they're facing straight forward behind the grill.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
the guy had his fed from the core support of his square body he might have just got a defective one or some thing who knows

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick word of warning, you don't want your air intake running straight from your core support into your intake manifold. Catch one good puddle right and you'll hydro-lock your motor at speed. Lots of import guys learned this twenty-five years ago, and that's why "air bypass valves" exist. In my opinion air bypass valves are a weak solution for poor engineering.

My daily driver Mustang has a shaker hood, but it doesn't run straight into the intake. Instead it runs down to the factory air filter box, makes an uphill U-turn, and then runs to the intake. Any water that gets ingested hits that U-turn and centrifugal force shakes it out. The tubing is all big enough that it doesn't rob any power. In all honesty, the factory setup is fantastic, and there's no real improvement with the shaker, but it looks cool. The factory setup on our trucks is pretty good once you cut out the necked-down section in the intake.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick word of warning, you don't want your air intake running straight from your core support into your intake manifold. Catch one good puddle right and you'll hydro-lock your motor at speed. Lots of import guys learned this twenty-five years ago, and that's why "air bypass valves" exist. In my opinion air bypass valves are a weak solution for poor engineering.

My daily driver Mustang has a shaker hood, but it doesn't run straight into the intake. Instead it runs down to the factory air filter box, makes an uphill U-turn, and then runs to the intake. Any water that gets ingested hits that U-turn and centrifugal force shakes it out. The tubing is all big enough that it doesn't rob any power. In all honesty, the factory setup is fantastic, and there's no real improvement with the shaker, but it looks cool. The factory setup on our trucks is pretty good once you cut out the necked-down section in the intake.

I've had an open scoop on top and vents as well for years and never had an issue, there's a big difference in height between an import intake location and a truck. The inlet on these intakes is small and it takes a decent amount of water to hydrolock