Air bags on 94 GMC Sierra new truck to be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 94 GMC Sierra SLE ext cab. It has a electric brake, Firestone air bag in rear. I have no experience with these air bags. How much pressure to put in and how to maintain any help out there? The air valve are on rear bumper next to lic plate 2-valves

If you need them or simply like the ride feel , keep them.

If they are in poor condition (severely rusted, whatever) or you don't like what they do to the ride, remove them (as was already suggested).

I have bags on my 1995 S10 longbed and, with no load in the back and 10psi in the bags, the suspension is unnecessarily rough. I've kept them though; they do come in handy from time to time because it's my only true "pickup".

pk64f100

Reaction score
If you need them or simply like the ride feel , keep them.

If they are in poor condition (severely rusted, whatever) or you don't like what they do to the ride, remove them (as was already suggested).

I have bags on my 1995 S10 longbed and, with no load in the back and 10psi in the bags, the suspension is unnecessarily rough. I've kept them though; they do come in handy from time to time because it's my only true "pickup".
Thanks I’m keeping ride is fine 10 psi can’t tell they are their but in good condition