air bag light in cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have anyone you can swap switches with to see if the switch itself is bad? I have seen stupider things happen

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I don't think the switch would cause the whole system to shut off but yeah then again anything is possible I guess

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Or a dog!

Ditto!

True! But luckily I don't have the passenger bag so my pit is safe :)

Also taking out the airbag light to hide it is dangerous! That means your system won't work if you wreck man...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
True! But luckily I don't have the passenger bag so my pit is safe :)

Also taking out the airbag light to hide it is dangerous! That means your system won't work if you wreck man...

Not trying to be a smart-a$$, but I've owned many a vehicle without airbags. Been in, well, 'several' accidents in vehicles without 'em, both due to other people's fault & my own. The ones I take responsibilty for were caused by a combination of youthful exuberance, lack of experience/knowledge, & gross stupidity. Mainly because of a mindset of 'Seek danger. Conquer the fear! Expect no mercy! No prisoners!'
Yea, I have the (many!) scars to show!
Airbags DO save lives. It's a proven fact. But, they also give people a false sense of security. "Hey, my vehicle has airbags! That must give me the ability to drive faster, more reckless & with no regard for other's lives!".
Society today, through a combination of denial of responsibilties, finger pointing, litigious circumstances, and the bottom feeding lawyers has caused the government to have to coddle the masses, & protect some of the largest contributors to their re-election campaigns. Which would be the auto manufacturers.
They way I look at it is, first you learn to drive safely, responsibly, courteously. That alone will save more lives than any piece of safety equipment. Just because a vehicle is fitted with every safety feature known to man, does not mean that it's any safer than the person behind the wheel.
Just go for a drive in any major center in North America during rush hour. The level of gross incompetency demonstrated by drivers is mind boggling. How these people ever got the permission to hold a driver's license is beyond me! Driving is a priviledge, not a right, & every one that has a D.L. has the responsibility to every other person on the road with them to behave in a predictable, responsible, safe manner.
While airbags do save lives, my opinion is that they are a band-aid on a much larger problem. The skills that are supposed to be taught in driver's ed. are not given enough emphasis, & the consequences incured by that, has resulted in the government having to legislate a means of babysitting the uneducated, unknowing, uncaring, & the irresponsible (more than minimal) percentile.
I don't drive with the attitude that because I have an airbag in my vehicle, I'm safe. Or Safer than if I didn't have one. As so many do. The real trick is to drive in such a manner as to never require the need for an airbag.

O.K. I'm off my soapbox. now!

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Yep that's the way I feel too. But if a little extra safety might be the difference between life and death in a particular accident, why not keep it up to par? A drunk could hit you head on, your seatbelt fail, and then your head is in the grass 25 feet away. I know airbags aren't anything crazy but I see any extra safety is nice to have just in case

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trade up to a 3500 then you wont have any air bag problems, haha.