aheasive/ door pillar trim question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I bought a gauge pillar from lmc a while back and realized that it doe not have the 2 long parts that run down the cab towards the floor and the piece that runs to the rear pillar. As well, the return edge that you see by the seal looks horrendous. So sitting here bored since my truck still is off at paint til god knows when, I figured I would try to get a game plan on how to make all my interior pieces work since I have a highliner headliner. My idea was for the pillar, use the 2 part plastic epoxy to adhere the cheaply made but not so cheap gauge pillar to the regular pillar tightly. By doing this, it would give me the extension pieces and would attach via the stock way and not some ugly screw. Would the epoxy be strong enough? Also. At the return side I thought about putting a little bondo on the edge to blend the 2 together so it looks right. Would this hold up? I want to blend the 2 pieces into one so it looks right. Here's my second set of questions. Since the highliner doesn't permit use of most of the interior like the rear pillar moldings I thought about cutting them where they need to be and using a heat gun to make a nice return bend upward to but the 2 together. By doing this I noticed that the plastic then gets brittle. Do you think the plastic epoxy would be ok to use on the back side of the bend to add strength? Any suggestions on how to do any of this? And no I won't just scrap the idea of the highliner.