aftermarket steering wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just purchased a billett on ebay, forever steering wheels

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310807425811?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That is the link for mine but he has several other designs both wood and other materials. I liked this one because it closely matches the wood grain and color of my center console, small wood accents are very IMO. I liked this wheel because it has the rivets in brass, don't care for the none rivet look myself. There was another company I googled , guy was selling steering wheels with minor flaws for like 90.00... I gave it some thought for sure

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Any aftermarket wheel will go on any steering column. You just need the right adapter kit.

Obviously, air bags are lost if your vehicle has an oem air bag wheel.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Any aftermarket wheel will go on any steering column. You just need the right adapter kit.

Obviously, air bags are lost if your vehicle has an oem air bag wheel.

I have this issue where I can't seem to find any for the 95+ because of the damn airbag. I would love to change out the wheel but no one I can find seems to make a kit for the ones with airbags to go to a wheel without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I have this issue where I can't seem to find any for the 95+ because of the damn airbag. I would love to change out the wheel but no one I can find seems to make a kit for the ones with airbags to go to a wheel without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Can't help you there other than I've seen guys do it before.

Looks a bit "yeuch" IMHO.

The column plastic is very wide to match up with the size of the airbags. When you put the smaller non airbag wheels on you see all that broad plastic that just stops in space.

Like these:

You must be registered for see images attach

Those aren't 400's, but you get the idea.

Personally, I'd probably see if I could swap the earlier years plastic on if going aftermarket. But I doubt it would fit. Maybe if removed the clockspring, which would be useless at that point anyways. Only way to know would be to try it I guess...

But, different strokes for different folks....if you like it, you like it.

:)

Last edited:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I personally can't stand the huge colum with tiny adapter look. They look okay on the older non air bag style though :deal:

IMO most steering wheel adapters look like butt unless the rest of the interior is custom and it all matches well, not just a huge chunk of billet on the adapter and the rest of the interior stock. That's just kinda ghetto...

I also read that a lot of older vehicles with the saganaw steering box (or however it's spells) wheels will work. So that open up your search to even factory wheels from other vehicles like older cavaliers, firebirds, caddi's and whatnot. I think this pertains to non airbag wheels though.

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is mine from Foreversharp. The AO1 adapter is what I used.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That looks great, I love the wheel. The colum throws it off a bit. Still very nice! Do you have a link to the wheel?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally dont mind the gap, I just cant for the life of me figure out which grant adapter kit is the one I need.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
The column plastic is very wide to match up with the size of the airbags. When you put the smaller non airbag wheels on you see all that broad plastic that just stops in space.

Like these:

:)

that is the same steering wheel i want in mine lol. My friend's UTV has the same wheel and its so comfy. I also wouldnt mind having a quick release one just for kicks