Aftermarket gauges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leonidman63

Reaction score
One thing you might try is buying a GPS unit at a pawn shop, I got mine for $30 and it will show a screen with the current speed on it. I originally bought mine so I wouldn't have to worry about looking for street signs, I now usually keep it on the speedometer setting as I can track and focus on it quicker. It's a little Garmin Nuvi model.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, obviously I have no idea how to show a picture from my media...

full

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im using a cheap $75 andriod tablet with the $10 OBDII Bluetooth adapter and $5 Torque app.
reading its info from the PCM is pretty accurate data.
It has GPS built in also.
I know it doesnt look as cool but its cost effective and it has wifi so i bluetooth it to my amp and listen to pandora on the daily drive.
Use my phone as a hotspot and everything works good.

Mark Gilbert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To answer your other question, not having a security light will not cause a no start issue. In fact you could completely unplug the gauge cluster and drive the truck.

So if you want to replace the full cluster with a homebuilt one then you should be fine.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
To answer your other question, not having a security light will not cause a no start issue. In fact you could completely unplug the gauge cluster and drive the truck.

So if you want to replace the full cluster with a homebuilt one then you should be fine.
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks