after market rim questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i wanna buy some aftermarket rims for my truck looking at some 16x 8 procomps the one that look like mt classic II's ad i just need some info on back spacing and such i run nbs wheels on my truck ad wouldnt mind if they stuck out just a lil more than that but not enough that i will need flairs to cover them so what whould i need for a rim to achive this thank you in advance

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Mine have a -12 mm offset and they stuck out some. The tire sticks out a lot but the wheel isnt bad. With a tire that isn't 13.5" wide like mine it should tuck almost all the way up.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Mine have a -12 mm offset and they stuck out some. The tire sticks out a lot but the wheel isnt bad. With a tire that isn't 13.5" wide like mine it should tuck almost all the way up.

ok so something arounf a -12mm is what i should look for? i plan on running like a 285 or a 305 16 inch rim and i also plan on getting a 4 inch rcx for it at somepoint

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Yeah. Generally that's all they sell in the 6x6.5 that I've seen. Either -12 mm or +12 mm which iirc will tuck in some more than factory and have rubbin issues. I'll say I've run -12 mm on my cepeks and my jesters and they're fine. I think to be a perfect match, it'd be like a -8 mm but I could be wrong. A -12 mm will be fine. Someone else might be able to explain more than I can though.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a set of 16x8's look great for a stock, or small lifted truck. They stick out just enough to not need flares.

I have a set of 16x8's on mine with zero offset. which is 4"backspacing.

This was before the lift kit..
You must be registered for see images attach

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yeah. Generally that's all they sell in the 6x6.5 that I've seen. Either -12 mm or +12 mm which iirc will tuck in some more than factory and have rubbin issues. I'll say I've run -12 mm on my cepeks and my jesters and they're fine. I think to be a perfect match, it'd be like a -8 mm but I could be wrong. A -12 mm will be fine. Someone else might be able to explain more than I can though.

ok well thanl you for the info

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
a set of 16x8's look great for a stock, or small lifted truck. They stick out just enough to not need flares.

I have a set of 16x8's on mine with zero offset. which is 4"backspacing.

This was before the lift kit..
You must be registered for see images attach

looks good im lookin for just a bit more than that

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
yeah in maine we can only have tire out so far befor we need flairs and i wanna go to just about that limit i like a wide stance but i dont wanna kill my front end parts