Advice/Opnion on manual vs power Aftemarket HD towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK been thinking about this, as some might have seen I need to replace my Drivers side towing mirror, Its still somewhat usable, but smashed the light and lower mirror and lower case is cracked top is fine. When I got these I went with the Power, heated and lighted mirrors and never did get around to hook them up last year as always had other stuff going on. The old mirrors were manual the rest all power and have not purchased any of the switches and any wiring for the mirror harness. Have recently been thinking about this if it is really worth it to make them power or not, I will still be getting lighted ones no matter what. I'm usually the only one that drives the truck now pretty much and its only used for towing, home improvement runs, and maybe once in a while on the weekend, maybe have to take her or one of the kids in it to work if we get a bad enough winter storm but that is pretty rare any more. Haven't been able to use mine that much as they went on mid to late summer last year.

Is it even worth going with power mirrors? And for the ones that have them how much do you really adjust them?

Last edited:

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have aftermarket power tow mirrors and I only adjust them after my wife drives the truck. Other than that I don't need to touch them.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine had power mirrors so it just plugged right in. I use them all the time because I don't always sit in the same spot, sometimes I drive leaned forward a little bit and sometimes not. I am extremely happy I went with the power over the manual. It was like an extra 20 bucks so I thought it was worth it.