AdjusterSpring~LeverControl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treble

Reaction score
This is the linkage above the actuating mode selector. Looks like I am missing a few pieces? If you can lend some insight, I would be thankful

You must be registered for see images attach

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
According to the diagram, it looks like the one on the left should be oriented the opposite way of where it's sitting. Other than that, looks complete to me.

Treble

Reaction score
After a little more research the proper terminology is air actuator linkage. From what I seen off the Web it looks like all the pieces are there

Treble

Reaction score
The above image was lifted on the net...

Upon further investigation one side of the silver shaft that the linkage has been disconnected from has a flat spot on it. This flat spot rotates from approximately the 12 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position. It also moves from left to right approximately 1/2 inch.
Once I get the orientation correct the left side of the linkage will slide back on to the silver shaft. But with it moving back-and-forth that half inch it could be a little tricky. What I don't understand is what SECURES THE LINKAGE TO THE SHAFT.

Treble

Reaction score
What a shame..... You would think that someone else's ran into this problem. And more than once I've heard guys on this board claim that they're certified mechanics. And still no answer to this riddle. There is no doubt that I will get that linkage back on to the shaft securing it well we'll see

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Lighten up Francis! Not everyone has time to read every post. I had this problem with my '90. A simple fix is to get every thing aligned correctly and then slide the actuator arm off from the shaft and add a couple of drops of Loctite shaft lock or a couple of drops of epoxy in the arms hole. Then while the "glue" is still wet take a small (2oz) ball peen hammer a give it a tap to seat it and you should be good to go.

Treble

Reaction score
Francis....you have me mistaken for your boyfriend "babycakes"

Thanks for the advice, sounds logical

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I don't think anything technically secures it to the arm, it just looks like it's supposed to be pressed in there and it's complete. I could be wrong though.

As already stated, you could get a little shaft seal in there if it worries you. But I doubt you'll have any issues with it.