Adding a third brake light to 88-93s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted92

Reaction score
On ebay third brake lights say they are for 88-98s but my 92 just has a chrome cargo light in the back, is it possible to add one of these third brake lights? Will they even bolt up?

OGEEZER33

Reaction score
With one brake light on an older truck I don't think you can go from a combo brake / turn signal without the third light flashing.
I was just thinking of two separate lights so I'd have two turn signals and two brake lights up there.
I think newer trucks have a dedicated brakelight wire for the third brakelight on a cap.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With one brake light on an older truck I don't think you can go from a combo brake / turn signal without the third light flashing.
I was just thinking of two separate lights so I'd have two turn signals and two brake lights up there.
I think newer trucks have a dedicated brakelight wire for the third brakelight on a cap.

They make LED third brake lights for camper shells with turn signals. I have it on all four of my shells. I can't find it on Amazon at the moment......