Adding a third brake light to 88-93s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also been trying to figure out an elegant way to mount extra backup lights on my camper shells that don't look goofy.
You could do a single row led light bar inside at the top of the glass, or outside on the roof. Some of them are super low profile.
Or do pods by the hitch like the boat guys do.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could do a single row led light bar inside at the top of the glass, or outside on the roof. Some of them are super low profile.
Or do pods by the hitch like the boat guys do.

Originally all four of my shells had the third brake light inside the shell at the top of the door. The first two got hit loading stuff into the back often enough they quit working/fell apart, the other two died after I ripped them out after losing some skin on my head or back a couple times.

Two of my shells are “cab height” the other two are “high back” style. Naturally, the cab height shells with that light hanging down are more prone to being knocked around and loss of skin........

I’d like to figure out where to mount reverse lights on the inside of the door without interfering with the struts or intruding into the door opening.

Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Originally all four of my shells had the third brake light inside the shell at the top of the door. The first two got hit loading stuff into the back often enough they quit working/fell apart, the other two died after I ripped them out after losing some skin on my head or back a couple times.

Two of my shells are “cab height” the other two are “high back” style. Naturally, the cab height shells with that light hanging down are more prone to being knocked around and loss of skin........

I’d like to figure out where to mount reverse lights on the inside of the door without interfering with the struts or intruding into the door opening.
Get these;

https://beta.summitracing.com/parts/sum-890258

I have purchased several pair. Very bright and not too thick.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I can see how it wouldn't be ideal to have them in the way, but I don't see how you can mount them outside and have it look clean.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could get some flush mount LEDs if you're not opposed to surgery.

You must be registered for see images attach