Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kustombuilt1911

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was guessing they must be constructed in a similar manner as the style originally on our trucks. Really considering this. Would look great on my dropped 2dr tahoe. Any pairs still available or are they all spoken for?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was guessing they must be constructed in a similar manner as the style originally on our trucks. Really considering this. Would look great on my dropped 2dr tahoe. Any pairs still available or are they all spoken for?

There’s at least one pair left (from memory anyway). I keep the tally on my laptop and will check in the morning.

Would you like one pair or more?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipping update:

As I mentioned in my earlier post (last week), the units had been shipped by the jobber.

This morning I received the tracking information from the jobber and the shipper is reporting delivery to the Forwarder's address on 02/21/22. I'm not sure if that's a "not to exceed" date, meaning it can and maybe will arrive earlier, or what, but it is what it is.

The details follow, if anyone's interested, from the shipper's WWWsite:

Package picked up 02/04/22 19:16
Location Maringá, State of Paraná, Brazil

Package destination Jacobina, State of Bahia, Brazil
Delivery forecast: 02/21/22

Package present status: Departure from the MARINGA unit on 02/05/22, 00:57h. Forecast of arrival at the CAJAMAR unit on 02/07/22, 00:57h.

If anyone wants to track this on their own, here you go(!)... brush up on your Portuguese and use this information below:

Link to tracking tool:

https://ssw.inf.br/2/resultSSW?cnpj=&NR=objetiva&chave=objetiva2255

On that page, click on "Pelo remetente". Then,...

Enter CNPJ and invoice number in the first and second fields, respectively:

CNPJ 40688134000161
Invoice number 0393

Then click RASTREAR (ok) (no password required)

You will be shown a shipment summary. For additional details, click on the link "Mais detalhes".

What could be simpler?

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Shipping update:

As I mentioned in my earlier post (last week), the units had been shipped by the jobber.

This morning I received the tracking information from the jobber and the shipper is reporting delivery to the Forwarder's address on 02/21/22. I'm not sure if that's a "not to exceed" date, meaning it can and maybe will arrive earlier, or what, but it is what it is.

I'm patient. My truck is burried in snow, and I have bulbs to pick out. If I could find one, I might buy a single Silverstar to match the one un-used one I have left, from years ago. Firstly, I need to see what I actually have in my stash.... and find said stash.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking ahead - shipping to the US

I've been debating how to ship to the US, e.g.,

- ship to me and I forward, or
- ship directly to the buyer

Each has its pluses and minuses in terms of risk, final cost and work load.

What I'm planning to do, at the onset at least, is ship in stages.

The initial shipment, Stage 1, will be four to six pairs sent directly from Brazil to buyers. In particular, those who want multiple pairs will be included in the first round. If shipping directly works well for all involved, great, let's do it again... "rinse and repeat" as they say. If not, pause, re-evaluate, modify and implement...

Stage 2 will come sometime after Stage 1 has completed. From past experience, the transit time to the US is 5-7 days, so Stage 2 will be delayed from Stage 1 by at least a week, likely more.

So, given the shipping update I sent earlier today (see post above), this is going to take some time to complete.

I'll be contacting buyers via PM to make arrangements, and I've already contacted some as I was anticipating shipping to the US on or after Feb11 (but now I know that ain't happenin'). If you haven't heard from me, you will, but of course anyone may contact me via PM anytime for an update, status, or to change an existing request (I want two pair instead of three) or make a new request (I'll take a pair if you have any available).

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipping update:

As of this evening the shipment seems well ahead of the carrier's delivery forecast of 2/21/2022, for arrival at the destination, Jacobina, State of Bahia, Brazil

By tomorrow morning it is to arrive at Feira de Santana, which is within 3hrs of the destination Jacobina.

It seems reasonable to think it might reach Jacobina by this weekend... and perhaps take one more working day to drop at the Forwarder's address.

See attached for the shipping route.

Attachments

• Shipping route annotated.jpg
    Shipping route annotated.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take note, slight change of topic... but related to Brazil.

Does anyone have a parts request from a junkyard in Brazil??? This isn't limited to GMT400 parts of course.

Here's why I ask.

I was exchanging emails with the Forwarder in Brazil regarding a "junk yard run" which I've asked him to make on my behalf.

He told me "I can do this. What other parts do you want? Could it be something more?"

Well... I'm passing word along. If someone wants something special from Brazil, let me know. Maybe we can figure out a way to make it happen, without me as an intermediary.

Some ideas, here:

One can easily use Google to translate a WWWpage (such as that above). Just search for "Google translate webpage".

This link (below) should show a translated version of the page above:

Here's an entire truck:

Last edited: