AC problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My daughters 95 K1500,
We changed all the O rings and charged the AC, the High pressure valve leaked so we replaced it, and recharged it again.. Worked great, a day later it's quick cycling and no AC.
The new high pressure valve was leaking. We replaced it again, charged it again.. Worked great.
Next day, quick cycling again.. and it's low on freon again because now this second new high pressure valve is leaking :(
Could it just be a clog in the system causing the pressure to build up to high and blowing the seal? And would having the system vacuumed fix it?

Reaction score
When you take off the plastic cap, you can see a black tiny rubber O ring looking seal blown half way out the hole.. Freon just slowly hisses through it :(

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
My truck doesn't have that but it looks like a safety measure in case of system over pressure. Have you hooked any gauges to the system to see what the high and low side are doing?

Reaction score
We did soapy water on everything, nothing leaks until the seal blows out that fitting. Only info I can find online is to much pressure on the high side can blow the seal, and it's made to do it. Just have no clue why.

Reaction score
Don't have any gauges, just the cheap refill one.. it's suppose to take 8oz of PAG150 oil and 32oz of Freon.. but it will only take in 24oz of Freon and the clutch will stay on, blow really cold and pressure on the low side will go from 30 to 35psi.
Then within a short period the seal will start leaking and then the low end pressure will be at like 15 and clutch cycling on and off rapidly until pressure drops lower, then it doesn't come on anymore.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if Advance Auto or Autozone rent gauges. That's the best way to tell. Sounds like your high side is having a blockage problem. Did a compressor grenade on that truck at one time? One of the lines could be full of debris.

Reaction score
When I changed the O rings, the tiny long filter inside the Condenser? (Radiator looking thing in front of actual radiator) it had trash on it, looked like aluminum dust, and a tiny fragment of aluminum.. I cleaned it off. I'm guessing there is more trash in the system?