AC problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a set of gauges and check your pressures. There is a replacement charge port that has a standard Schrader valve in it instead of the rubber plug. Part number is a Dorman 800-955. I have see these run head pressures in the 300+ psi range and not blow out that port, so either your have some extreme high pressure or a bad run of valves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've thought about and even took the second one and put gas line tape on the threads of a short bolt to turn it into a solid capped off fitting.. but decided not to go that route because the fear of it causing something else to blow up if it is because of to much pressure :(

Reaction score
If the system works perfectly fine until the seal blows out the fitting, everything should be good right? Like the compressor and all? Clutch is working perfectly, I'm really wondering if having it vacuumed would fix the problem

Reaction score
Advanced sells the line/ gauge setup.. but don't you have to have something to vacuum it that those things hook up to?

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
All vacuuming will do is draw down the system. There are ac flushes that help clear out the lines. If the system is working until the valve pops it's hard to tell how much damaged is being done while it is running. The orifice tube could be plugged.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you didn't have it vacuumed before charging it is possible that water vapor in the system is forming ice in the orifice tube and causing a high pressure condition. You'll need a vacuum pump to pull it down, and gauges to hook up the pump to the system. Harbor freight sells pumps fairly cheap, so that may be worth a look. Amazon has sets of gauges that are good quality and a lot cheaper than what you will find at the parts stores.

Reaction score
Guess I'll just replace the system. From what I've gathered online, if trash is even in the system it's because the compressor is either bad or pretty close to it.. and since it's working, I'm figuring it's not long till it quits. The accumulator is only around $20 new..
I'll get a compressor and and condenser from GM Salvage here, and a new accumulator, high pressure valve and a new orfice tube from Oreillys :(

Hopefully it's not another junk compressor.. I have a compressor on a doner truck, but it's had the line cut off on it for who knows how long.. I can hold the clutch/ pully together and turn it freely and it makes the same pumping sound as the one on the 95.. so that's probably an iffy chance using it..lol

Reaction score
I'll replace everything, and just take it to have it vacuumed and charged. The vacuum costs more than having it done by a shop.
This just freaking sux.. :(
Having it vacuumed and recharged might work, but if the debris is from the compressor... I'll pretty much just be putting a bandaid on it won't I ?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is debris, yes. Since you have to have it recovered anyway, pull and inspect the orifice tube. If it is free of metal flakes or "aluminum paint" you are likely fine. You really need gauges so you can see what the high side is doing. Gives a good indication of compressor health and will help you determine if you have a system restriction.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
I just removed the compressor and condenser from my truck and installed a bypass pulley. I know people love their AC but call me weird I like my heat and open windows. Never use AC. Plus mine didn't work anyway, the system was empty.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fergbkf