Ac Drain Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Vaughn

Reaction score
Hi everyone I really hope I can get some assistance. 99 Yukon, passenger floor board is SOAKED! Found out it’s ac dripping into cab, normally no biggie maybe just a clog, found out elbow was missing, got a new elbow, however, found out the nipple that the elbow goes onto is broken off, and is completely flush to the box and the box doesn’t seem to sit right. Bottom seems to be away from firewall maybe half an inch or so, I know these boxes are hard to get in good shape. What can I do here? I’m not opposed to tearing out the dash, however I really don’t want to if there might be a way to solve this leaking into the cab issue. Anybody ever had this issue? What can I do here to prevent scouring for a used box and tearing out the dash. Thank you all for reading this!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These aren’t the best pictures, but maybe it will give you an idea of what you’re working with.

Short of pulling the dash (and if the housing didn’t crack when the drain got snapped off) maybe you could epoxy a stub of pipe onto it.
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about the black plastic used in lawn sprinkler systems, finding a close match to what you need. Then using a good two part epoxy ( Gorilla Glue ?) . And giving it a good setting time. That may prevent for time pulling the housing to R & R.
Good luck.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the housing isn't sealed to the firewall, you're screwed.

Either you squirt a tube or three of silicone sealer into the gap, fabricate a nipple to hold the drain "duckbill", and hope for the best, or you tear the box out and find out why there's a gap.

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're absolutely sure the drain isn't plugged up inside, right? Get in there with a wire or feed some hose in it to blow out.