AC condenser fan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

udidwht

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had replaced the AC condenser fan motor a couple years back with the following...Four Seasons 35014 (Rockauto)

Anyone have any idea as to it's CFM output?

Am considering an upgrade fan with higher output. But would like it to be simple (plug & play).

Also given that the fan kicks on at approximately 221F coolant temp via the temp senor in the passenger side head. I'm curious if going to a higher output will have a negative impact on the mechanical clutch fan operation given it is designed to kick on via 'radiator discharge air temp' (not coolant temp). Will a higher output fan delay this given the bi metal coil on the clutch fan is getting it's read from the air flowing from forward?

The following is a pic of my fan and ac condenser/oil cooler (dual unit)...https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9upbk1usv26p84/20200507_123242.jpg?dl=0

Reaction score
I'm with ya, man! I want the A/C condenser fan to kick on whenever the A/C is turned on, not just when the temperature gets to 220°. I'm also very interested in "upgrading" to a "beef-ier" fan, possible more than one fan. The A/C doesn't blow very cold while sitting still or at low driving speeds.

BeXtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it delays the engagement of the mechanical, it would only be doing so because it doesn't need to kick on. Rather than upgrading the CFM, why don't you add a relay tied to the AC clutch circuit so that either the AC engaged OR the high coolant temp will kick on the aux fan? Since the temp switch in the head is just applying a ground to turn the fan on, a standard 5 pole bosch SPST relay would work. Wire 85 and 30 to ground. Splice 87 into the wire to the temp sensor in the head. Splice 86 into the AC clutch engage wire. The circuit isn't high current, so just use a T-splice or Splice tap terminal to tie into the existing wiring without damaging it or making anything irreversible.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would have to hunt for the part number, but there is a sensor from a late 80s or early 90s Dodge that I have used to kick the aux fans on at about 192-195 degrees