Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommy Frantz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I have an issue with the abs on my 97 K3500; there is reduced brake pressure going to the driver's side of the truck,, driver's side wheels are almost impossible to bleed plus the truck darts to the right when you apply the brakes. I've disconnected the abs and now have good brakes; the truck stays straight when applying the brakes. My mechanic thinks the problem's in the fenderwell mounted abs unit. What should I look for in the abs module? Is there something I can check/repair? Should I break down and spring for an o/h'd unit?

Thanks!!
Tommy

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
The only thing i can think of is a piece of something got in there or a seal broke down it and released a blockage into the path? I think we're all eventually going to run into something like this.

Since you have it off the truck, in a normal unpowered state, the ABS path to the front wheels should be open to the outlets. You could try capping the right front outlet and and try to bleed through from the front inlet to the left front outlet to see if it is blocked, and vice versa.