A Lil help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
33's should fit stock for the most part . I had 32's on a stock hight 00 s10 blazer . You should be able to fit 35's with a 3in body lift . But you will need to trim the fender some and the bumper . A sawzall or air cut off wheel will work . The trick is to put the biggest tire you can fit with the least amount of lift

Campoli

Reaction score
I have no problem w trimming at all like I said I'm a contractor I own every tool imaginable for carpentry and mechanics I do all my own work on all my vehicles and toys

As for the shackle flip if that gives me 4" in rear what needs to be done up front to match
Also is there a coil over kit for our trucks??

I have 227k on my motor and a new jasper 4l60e she runs like a champ so I will dump some $ in her
But I do love how my X rides on And off road w the bilstiens up front

As my truck sees the wood quite often as well
So I'm just tryin to figure out the best options cause 4" would be nice if its as simple as flipping the shackles for the rear
And I already plan on doin front end work as well

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If you want 4" of lift up front to match a shackle flip in the rear you need a 4" suspension lift. You can get a 4" RCX from truckaddons.com for around $920 shipped. That'll come with 4" blocks in the rear and new shocks. This would be your best option.

Campoli

Reaction score
I can make my own blocks and just buy shocks what else comes w the kit Ill just look it up I can probly get it all separate for less even tho that is a great price don't get wrong but I always look to save for other mods I have too many toys to play w lol
W the shackle flip should a install an add a leaf ??

And this is what the lift shackles look like on my X

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
An longer (lift) shackles on these trucks will lower them. That's why you need a shackle flip kit for it to lift them.

Campoli

Reaction score
Ok I see now it says auto Trac 4 wheel required a new drive shaft I have the push button on the fly 4 wheel is that what I have and if so what's a damn DS gonna run me

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
You need to set your budget , what you your self can do and what you will have to pay someone else to do . A 3in body lift will run you about $150 and you can do it in your drive way . 3 in should fit 35's with slight trimming . 33's should fit stock hight . A suspension lift will set you back $900+ wheel and tires ( and shocks depending on the kit , not all suspension lifts come with the required shocks ) . In the end you need to figure out where your build is going and the finances to get it to that point . If all you want is room for bigger tires , body lift . If you want more flex out of your suspention , you will need a suspention lift .

I also fit 35's on a 89 frawd ranger with just a 3 in body lift .

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Ok I see now it says auto Trac 4 wheel required a new drive shaft I have the push button on the fly 4 wheel is that what I have and if so what's a damn DS gonna run me

As long as you push button doesn't say auto on it you do not need a DS.

And like stated above, what is you budget? What rims are you planning on running? Yes 35's will fit with a 3" body lift, If you don't mine tires rubbing everytime you turn or hit a bump. And are you planning on regearing for 35's. you should take all this into consideration. Take my advice, I've had my truck cranked to much, with a 3" body lift, Running 37's. killing my frontend part. I finally have my truck where I want it. 6" RCX, 35's and 4.56 gears with no more body lift. I think it looks awesome. Body lifts are just ugly IMHO.

Campoli

Reaction score
Budget is around a grand before tires and rims
I can do all the work myself I'm thinking the 3" body and 33"s this way ill have more clearance for logs and rock and extra rubber to pull through the mud
Is there a preferred part # for the 3"