A Lil help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wait wait if you're trying to clear more rocks and logs with just a tad bigger tires and a body lift, its not going to be a whole lot better because all you're doing is rasing the cab and bed off the frame. The frame and suspension are only getting raise whatever the difference is between tire sizes. So if you plan on wheeling over stuff you should be able to squeeze 33s with only minor triming and a little crank, but if shes a pavement pounder then bl wpuld be more cost effective. ShadowRejects or tristan cleared 35s with a crank and block. Thoughts to put out there.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
a grand before wheels and tires? so you have a bidget for just wheels and tires and no lift then? or a grand after wheels and tires? lol tires/wheels will run you at least 1000-1500 at the least depending on what you buy new. your lift you can get for 800 if you go 6in off one website i cant remember the name of. if your also running 35's you will need to regear, some people say its fine with 35's and 3.42s or 3.73s but in relaity its really not, it plain out sucks. most people go with 4.56s with 35s. id say you could pull off 4.10s if you desperately wanted to.

Campoli

Reaction score
No a grand after tires and wheels

And if I raise body it lifts my bumper correct that's my main trouble is bumpers hitting w the stock 265-75-16
It's mainly pavement but I do take her though the woods when we go 4 wheelin but that's mainly why we got the X for pullin the quads so the Z is mainly for lumber and haulin my 18' boat
But it's always nice to be able to rip up the woods when I feel like it
So I guess a crank, blocks and new shocks all around is my best bet

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
the body lift doesn't raise the bumper. You need bumper relocation brackets for the rear. The front come with the kit.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
Wait wait if you're trying to clear more rocks and logs with just a tad bigger tires and a body lift, its not going to be a whole lot better because all you're doing is rasing the cab and bed off the frame. The frame and suspension are only getting raise whatever the difference is between tire sizes. So if you plan on wheeling over stuff you should be able to squeeze 33s with only minor triming and a little crank, but if shes a pavement pounder then bl wpuld be more cost effective. ShadowRejects or tristan cleared 35s with a crank and block. Thoughts to put out there.

And, just pointing out the obvious, only half the difference in tire size. If new tire is 2" taller (say a 31" vs a 33"), only 1" of that is raising anything.

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
a grand before wheels and tires? so you have a bidget for just wheels and tires and no lift then? or a grand after wheels and tires? lol tires/wheels will run you at least 1000-1500 at the least depending on what you buy new. your lift you can get for 800 if you go 6in off one website i cant remember the name of. if your also running 35's you will need to regear, some people say its fine with 35's and 3.42s or 3.73s but in relaity its really not, it plain out sucks. most people go with 4.56s with 35s. id say you could pull off 4.10s if you desperately wanted to.

I did a ranger with 35's and 3:73's . Never had a problem . Matter of fact , I was smoking the tires with the truck sideways when I rolled it over . ( it was a long time ago young and wild then) I also had a f150 with 35's and stock gears with out a problem . Now I had a Toyota on 35's with stock gears that made you want to drive into oncoming traffic it was such a ! A lot of times it just depends on how the truck takes to the bigger tires .

If your looking for more ground clearance in the center and bumpers you will need a suspension lift . But remember the front diff won't come up much , the lift has drop brackets for the diff .

It's all about budget . If you can afford it do the suspension lift , it will look better .

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
well i have 35's and 4.56's on my 94 and it sucks, i wish i had 5.13's and i also have 33's and 3.73's in my 97's and that sucks to. i have some 4.11's waiting to go in it.

Murd450

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 405 , where the fastest street cars on the pla
well i have 35's and 4.56's on my 94 and it sucks, i wish i had 5.13's and i also have 33's and 3.73's in my 97's and that sucks to. i have some 4.11's waiting to go in it.

Some times it works out . And some times it don't . I've had trucks where you notice a little bot of differance . And then I've had trucks where you would think your dragging an anchor . I'm messing with lowered trucks right now because of gas prices , but I would trade it for the right lifted truck if it came along

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
are your stock bars worn out? cause those alone could help raise the front of your truck a tad if you went with 3/4 or 1 ton bars instead of old 1.2ton ones.