A/C hose assembly question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90C1500

Reaction score
I have a 90 C1500 with the 350. The bigger hose on the assembly has a hole in it. I went to napa auto to get the hose assembly and tried putting it on but it seems like the hard line 90 is bent the wrong way for the bigger line going to the fire wall area. ( I'm not sure what the metal canister is called that it attaches to on the firewall).
The only way to get it to work is to turn the hose some and it kinks it. I took it back thinking it was defective but the replacement is the same way. It doesn't kink as bad though.
I have the one that has the male threads that goes to the front of the truck to the cooler.

Has anyone ran into this problem?

I'm thinking of going through rockauto and getting the acdelco one thinking it will line up right but I'm not sure which one I need to get.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, sounds like time to try a different brand replacement. The cannister on the firewall is called the accumulator, or also known as the dryer. The device up front ahead of the radiator is known as the condenser. Hope that helps you identify which line to pick off the catalog.

Richard

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try having a replacement hose made, most NAPA auto parts stores make hydraulic lines. Take the old one in and have them match it up.

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can bend the aluminum part of the line pretty easily. Had to do it to mine when I installed the sanden 508 in my 91. Bent it enough to get the kink to relax in the rubber part of the line.

90C1500

Reaction score
The part that would need to bend would be the female connection that goes to the dryer.

Can you bend that piece also?