A/C Condensate Line Discharge...Where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there anything special about the tubing type used, i want to replace with a longer piece. i really hate how its designed to run all over the frame before hitting the ground, no reason they couldnt have used a longer hose that went straight to the ground.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
is there anything special about the tubing type used, i want to replace with a longer piece. i really hate how its designed to run all over the frame before hitting the ground, no reason they couldnt have used a longer hose that went straight to the ground.
It's just draining water, but it is in somewhat close proximity to a heat source (exhaust manifold) so just use some common sense when routing it. You'll also want to secure it in a way that wind won't simply blow it off.

Richard

derbed

Reaction score
Yeah...mud daubers like openings like that. Spiders like dry locations like that as well. Especially if the truck has been parked for a while.

Thanks!
My '94 has developed the passenger side leak. Found a metal nipple on the firewall that I probed with a coat hanger. Was able to poke it in there about 6". Found a rotted piece of tubing down on the frame that was about 4".... Am I in the right hole? lol Would you be able to take a pix of where it is on the firewall? Thx

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My '94 has developed the passenger side leak. Found a metal nipple on the firewall that I probed with a coat hanger. Was able to poke it in there about 6". Found a rotted piece of tubing down on the frame that was about 4".... Am I in the right hole? lol Would you be able to take a pix of where it is on the firewall? Thx
Metal? Sounds more like you found a disconnected heater core line. The A/C drain is black plastic and smaller than the two heater core lines directly next to it.

Richard